(a) In generalIn addition to the disclosures required under this subchapter, for each reverse mortgage, the creditor shall, not less than 3 days prior to consummation of the transaction, disclose to the consumer in conspicuous type a good faith estimate of the projected total cost of the mortgage to the consumer expressed as a table of annual interest rates. Each annual interest rate shall be based on a projected total future credit extension balance under a projected appreciation rate for the dwelling and a term for the mortgage. The disclosure shall include—
(1) statements of the annual interest rates for not less than 3 projected appreciation rates and not less than 3 credit transaction periods, as determined by the Bureau, including—
(A) a short-term reverse mortgage;
(B) a term equaling the actuarial life expectancy of the consumer; and
(C) such longer term as the Bureau deems appropriate; and
(2) a statement that the consumer is not obligated to complete the reverse mortgage transaction merely because the consumer has received the disclosure required under this section or has signed an application for the reverse mortgage.
(b) Projected total costIn determining the projected total cost of the mortgage to be disclosed to the consumer under subsection (a), the creditor shall take into account—
(1) any shared appreciation or equity that the lender will, by contract, be entitled to receive;
(2) all costs and charges to the consumer, including the costs of any associated annuity that the consumer elects or is required to purchase as part of the reverse mortgage transaction;
(3) all payments to and for the benefit of the consumer, including, in the case in which an associated annuity is purchased (whether or not required by the lender as a condition of making the reverse mortgage), the annuity payments received by the consumer and financed from the proceeds of the loan, instead of the proceeds used to finance the annuity; and
(4) any limitation on the liability of the consumer under reverse mortgage transactions (such as nonrecourse limits and equity conservation agreements).
We would love to hear from you! Please use our contact form if you have any questions or comments!Learn more >>
Find out more about how your data is protected.Learn more >
Find out how much you could qualify to recieve today!Learn more >